Tuesday, January 23, 2018

She's only 12, but her father is planning her wedding

Hi dear friends, saw this shocking story on line... My heart goes out to this child....

In the fifth grade. I want to finish school. I want to become a doctor, God willing," Halima told CNN, still dressed in her school uniform -- a forest green abaya and white headscarf. "Many of my friends in school have been married off." "One of my friends dropped out and when I asked her why, she said, 'Because tomorrow is my wedding.'" It's a fate Halima's sister Kafa was unable to avoid. She was wed to a man 15 years her senior when she was just 13. "If I had the choice, I would have gone to school and been educated. I didn't want to get married. I was coerced. There was nothing for me in marriage as a child," Kafa told CNN, her face concealed by a veil. Kafa's husband gave her permission    Read more from source ...



Welcome back readers... What are your thoughts about this story? Please share your views...

No comments:

Post a Comment